Monday 28 February 2011

Dining chairs at Lunga

Last year I was lucky enough to stay at Lunga House on the beautiful west coast of Scotland. The house has some amazing old furniture and the group I was with were given food and lodgings at the house in return for restoring some furniture. As someone was french polishing the 20 seater dining table, a friend and I chose to recover some old dining chairs so that they would all have matching covers around the table.
I soon discovered it wasn't just the material that needed attention - the chair on the right in this photo completely fell apart on me, so here you can see it after I had glued and clamped it up!
Although not every chair was the same style, the matching material made a big difference in giving them a common theme.


No comments:

Post a Comment