Sunday 18 March 2012

Winding Down

I spent most of the past week relaxing with a dear friend. She kept me company on the sofa in my hugely pregnant state, helped me bake triple chocolate brownies, she even walked the dog for me and made my dinner! Truly the perfect pregnancy companion.
The rest of the week was spent celebrating the upcoming wedding of another good friend. We had a wonderfully creative afternoon taking part in a fascinator class, making our own fascinators to wear to the wedding. Here is my colourful creation. Now I just need to find a dress to match!



We were also asked to take a memento of our friend so I made a brooch using material that I had used on a previous project for her, and an acorn shaped button to symbolise her own furniture company. The instructions came from a great book called The Crafty Minx by Kelly Doust, which includes all sorts of handmade treasures from doorstops to tepees, and brooches to nappy bags. I forgot to take a photo of the brooch though, so instead here is a photo of Henny, and one of my huge bump taken over a week ago - I'm even bigger now!



No comments:

Post a Comment